Every year, millions of Medicare dollars are lost as a result of Fraud, Waste or Abuse. Such activity could have a major impact to the quality of benefit Medicare is able to provide to you and other Medicare members.
What are some examples of Medicare Fraud, Waste or Abuse?
- A pharmacy bills for medications you never received.
- Someone uses your prescription drug card to obtain medications.
- Prescription “stock piling”. (i.e. re-ordering prescriptions before you need them)
- Pharmacy bills Granite Alliance for medication “x” and knowingly gives you medication “y” instead.
- Your physician writes a prescription for you to take a medication two times a day but verbally tells you to take it once a day to make the supply last longer.
- A company offers a Medicare drug plan that has not been approved by Medicare.
- A company uses false information to mislead you into joining a Medicare drug plan.
To prevent Fraud, Waste or Abuse, Granite Alliance has a Compliance Department comprised of specialists trained to investigate, identify and resolve these cases.
If you suspect any Medicare Fraud, Waste or Abuse, here is how you can report it: